Being Real

| On
 

There are a lot of blogs out there, that I hate to say, are superficial and exactly alike.  These blogs have been discouraging me, as I feel as though they are giving us bloggers a bad name.

I don't want my blog to be like that! I need to keep believing in myself and my authenticity as a blogger, but in order for me to do that, I need to BE authentic, and be real. Nobody's life is perfect, I don't just want to blog about glitz and glam. Who is that helping?

For example, there's a fashion blogger who only showcases really expensive, designer clothes, and handbags. There's nothing wrong with that, but not everyone can relate to being able to afford those brands.... and it makes those of us who can't, feel like crap. I feel like, It's easy to look good all the time, when you're rich! πŸ˜‚ Now, what's harder, and requires more fashion skill, is trying to look good with a budget, or let's just be real, trying to look good when you're BROKE AF! πŸ˜‚

I was shopping at the thrift shops before Macklemore made it cool, guys. I just wanna keep it real! It wasn't called "wearing vintage" back then, it was called being POOR. Shoot, I feel like writing a blog post on how to shop at Ross.... that's something I know how to do well.

What about all of these "Summer Essential" blog posts? They're super fun to read but I don't believe any material thing is an "essential". Summer is just about having fun, and being outdoors! Guys, I know what it's like to be looking at other peoples lives, and feeling discouraged, or like your life really sucks compared to theirs. I don't want to make my followers feel like that, ever.

Please know that regardless of what I post about, or what products I get my hands on, my life is not glamorous. I struggle with depression, anxiety, and feeling alone. This is because no material thing, or amount of followers can fill the void in our lives. I feel like only God can inspire us, and give us contentment. πŸ™ŒπŸ½ This is why I am obsessed with nature, because I feel closer to God when I'm out there. 🌺🌡 and I feel true peace. All of this to say, that even though I considered it (again), I'm not giving up on blogging, I just need to stay true to myself and not care about what other people think, or how many followers I have.

My true desire in life is to get closer to God, and I can't get distracted along the way.
6 comments on "Being Real"
  1. I agree with you 100%! I had a blog once before and it failed miserably. I saw other blog and looked at those as guides, but I shouldn't have done that. I was writing posts I wasn't passionate about and I was trying to display a perfect life. When I finally decided to start another blog, I told myself that I was going to everything differently!

    It's awesome to see another blogger that is trying to be authentic. I also loved the part about trying to be fashionable and look put together on a budget! I have shopped at thrift stores ever since I was a kid. Even when I got a job and had money to spend, I still never paid full price for anything. Except one pair of Hollister shorts in middle school, and I forever regretted that! I also DIY almost everything in my house, except for those great Ross and Marshalls finds that I just can't live without!

    I hope you don't give up on blogging, because you've got at least one follower and fellow Christ believer here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so awesome! Thank you for taking the time to read this, and comment on it. I'm so glad you agree with me, and can relate! Thanks so much for the encouraging words. DIY is awesome! And Marshalls has some pretty awesome, affordable things! I like going there too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I noticed the blog world is becoming so saturated with "Rich Bloggers," however, I did find out on fashion blogger does buy a lot of expensive stuff, but she takes her photos and then returns the items.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the summer essentials post are just supposed to be fun, but if they aren't you then you're right to not to post them. It's always a struggle to want to stay authentic and want to monetize your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know exactly what you mean! I've even stopped reading some blogs because everything they recommend involves champagne, prada, and a holiday that costs more than my rent!

    Nellwyn | www.thecardinalpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This has been a great read and I totally have to agree with you! All of us are unique and we each have our own thing. We need not to be insecure about other bloggers because that's just the way they are. We just have to focus on what we're doing and how we're gonna improve ourselves.

    therenalexis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature