Best Summer Fruits

| On
What are the best fruits for summer??
Well, if you want tropical fruit this summer, 
check out this amazing informative grid on tropical fruit!
I like to stick with my three summer favorites!
They're classics, really.
1. Watermelon
 A watermelon contains about 6% sugar and 92% water! It's easy to get dehydrated during the hot summer months, so it's important to drink a lot of water, and eat fruits with a high water content! Watermelons also happen to have a bunch of electrolytes in them, so ditch the sugary gatoraids, and instead break into a fresh watermelon!!
2. Mangos!
 

Mangos are so pretty, they can be yellow, red, green or orange. I used to have a mango tree in my backyard when I lived in Acapulco, Mexico... I'll talk more about that in another post. 
Mangos contain many nutrients. When a mango is green and still growing, there is a high vitamin C content. As the fruit ripens and matures, the amount of vitamin A increases.

3. PINEAPPLES!
Raw pineapple is a great source of manganese and vitamin C. It can also be used as a digestive aid and an effective anti-inflammatory. You really can't get anymore tropical than a pineapple!  My Grandma used to make a delicious upside down pineapple cake, also I love pineapple on pizza!!

What are your favorite summer fruits??
6 comments on "Best Summer Fruits"
  1. I absolutely love mangos, pineapple and watermelon! They are my favourite fruit! I also love strawberries and raspberries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There isn't anything better than fresh watermelon! Love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. I lurve summer fruits and am so excited for the warmer months ahead! Mmmm pineapple and watermelon, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mangoes and pineapples are my favorite summer fruits!!! Ahhh, I am now craving them D:

    ReplyDelete
  5. You literally picked my three favourites too!

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature