Why I Started Blogging

| On

Ever since I was a kid, I've had a lot of different interests.
People tried to label me, and limit me to a certain interest group, but I kept wanting to branch out and explore new things such as: writing songs, taking pictures, making art,
writing stories, and cooking.

I always hated when people would ask me
what I wanted to be when I grew up,
I finally started responding with "I'm undecided" and at 26 years old, I'm still responding with
that to this day.

I am undecided because I haven't yet found the right platform; nor outlet to utilize my God-given talents and creative desires, and I don't want to settle until I can find a way to do this.

"Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass."
Psalm 37:4-5

I'm working a part-time job in order to pay my bills and support my interests. I am in a position where I can afford to work only part-time; but I understand this is not the case for everyone. If you are having to work full-time at a job that stresses you out, I am very sorry. I truly hope you will continue to look for something less stressful, and more inspiring.

I truly believe life is too short to live with stress.
Stress really takes its toll on your health, happiness, & wellbeing. I would rather live a humble life, out in the country, than be working my health and life away, just so I could afford to live in a big, fancy box.

I have had many different ideas on how to start making money, creating. Some worked out, some did not.
I've done countless art shows, tried to sell handmade stuffed animals, I even tried to open up my own shop, within a shop that rents out space.

I was so happy with my product, I thought that I was finally going to start a lucrative business, doing what I loved. Overly excited, I rushed through the whole process, not paying much attention to the boring, but very much necessary stuff like: creating a business plan.

Of course my proposal ended up being rejected,
and all of my hard-work and money went to waste.
I often think of everything that went into that project, and how happy I was before it all crashed and burned. I often wonder why it had to happen the way it did.
I can only tell myself, it was a nice, little message from life telling me that I needed to work harder
if I wanted to reach my goals.

I can't fully describe what it
feels like to be a creative person,
but it sometimes feels like I can't relax; I can't sit still. It's like I have this larger-than-life creative fire inside, that just wants to burst out!

Sometimes, the most random things inspire me. I have a feeling that these random things are life's little clues, pointing me in the direction I need to go.

So far, blogging has been the only thing that has allowed me to incorporate all of my interests into one hobby.
It's been a great way to use and release some of my creative energy, and a good way to express myself.
 
 


Are you a blogger? What made you decide to start blogging?
6 comments on "Why I Started Blogging"
  1. I posted my 1,000th post this morning and my love of blogging has grown into something I never imagined it would. It's been the perfect way for me to have something that's all mine while staying home with your son.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great story. You are lucky you work part time. I have a full time job too and it's hard

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's super inspiring, Stephanie! Thanks for sharing that, I really want to build my posts up to that number someday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally get what you mean about having lots of interests and hating people asking you what you want to be. It's like I want to be happy! I'm so glad I found blogging and I know you are too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally! I just want to be happy :-) Thank you for reading!

      Delete
  5. Super inspiring words! For me, blogging is my outlet. It's a place where I can do my writing, let my hair down and honestly give zero effs what the world thinks. Great post!

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature