10 Bible Verses

| On



We all have bad days sometimes. 
I had one, and I didn't even leave my house today; 
so that just proves that you can't hide from bad days.
 It's just part of being alive. 

Sometimes, we are stuck in bad situations for a while, 
and it's really easy to become anxious or depressed; 
however, I believe we should not let our circumstances define our happiness, 
and we should never believe that our current circumstances or 
situation will last forever, even though it can totally feel that way. 

I put together these Bible verses for days like today, 
it puts things into perspective for me. 

Hopefully, all of the references are legit.

1.

I sought (inquired of) the Lord and required Him 
[of necessity and on the authority of His Word], 
and He heard me, and delivered me from all my fears. 
-Psalm 34:4

2.
Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow 
shall take thought for the things of itself. 
And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, 
shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. 
-Matthew 6:34 

3.

And we know that all things work together for good 
to them that love God, 
to them who are the called according to [his] purpose. 
-Romans 8:28

4.

Be subject therefore unto God; but resist the devil
and he will flee from you. 
 -James 4:7

5.

For this light momentary affliction is preparing 
for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, 
(It is good for me that I was afflicted, that I might learn your statutes).
-2 Corinthians 4:17

6.
Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, 
for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, 
which God has promised to those who love him. 
-James 1:12

7.
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, 
plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. 
-Jeremiah 29:11

8.
But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, 
for my power is made perfect in weakness.” 
Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, 
so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 
For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, 
insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. 
-2 Corinthians 12:9

9.
For when I am weak, then I am strong.  
 For though we walk in the flesh we do not war after the flesh 
or the weapons of our warefare are not carnal but mighty through 
God to the pulling down of strongholds and casting down imaginations 
and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God 
and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ. 
-2 Corinthians10:3

10.

Great peace have they which love thy law 
and nothing shall offend them. 
-Psalm 119:165


Maybe I should have titled this post "10 passages".
Oh well. 
4 comments on "10 Bible Verses"
  1. Great way to start the day, thanks for sharing these versus. Good reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for these verses! I am actually having a tough day myself and these are so comforting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the 10 verses you picked! Thanks for the encouragement today :)

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature