Walk Upon the Water

| On
I was waking up every morning with a rush of anxiety.
 Sometimes, I'd feel like I was going to have a panic attack
while doing the most normal easiest task, such as grocery shopping. 

I believe this all started with a negative thought that I accepted.
I heard it, I believed it and I accepted it.
What I didn't know at the time was that this negative thought I had,
was like a seed that would later return to haunt me.

When seeds are planted, they grow roots. 
And the roots take hold. And they begin to  
break through 
the soil and grow into a plant. 

So, my negativity grew stronger and faster before I could even realize it was there.
This was not normal. I am an optimistic person.
It started to spread to every area of my life.
It started to destroy my hope, my peace, my happiness.

But recently, I was finally able to get a hold of it.

And this is how:

It is impossible to block all negative thoughts,

but I can respond to them with positive affirmations.

My new mantra:

I am right where I need to be at this very moment, 
every experience is part of God's divine plan.
I am in His will. I am not alone and I am not lost. 
I will not waste my time feeling guilty about yesterday, 
being stressed about today 
and worrying about tomorrow.


This song means so much to me. It helped me when I was afraid to fly. It helped me when I was too anxious to go back to work after being sick with stress.This song reminds me that 
facing my fears strengthens my faith.

It's about  having the courage to follow God where He calls you, even when it's outside of your comfort zone. It's saying, Lord, take me to places I could never go on my own, and let me do the things I could never do on my own. A mindset that is so totally opposite of what an anxious person would normally think and want from life.

When we are facing a tough situation, it's like we are standing on top of the ocean. If we let fear and doubt enter our hearts than we will sink, but if we trust in God's ability and not our own, than we will have the courage to walk upon the water and it will strengthen our faith, thus making it easier to live our lives and face hardships.


8 comments on "Walk Upon the Water"
  1. This is such a good post! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I needed to read this today. Sometimes I find myself doubting that God can help me get through my toughest storms, yet He always comes through. I really love that song by Hillsong United! Literally makes me cry each time! Thank you for this wonderful reminder that God is so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing. This is a good reminder whenever one is in a difficult situation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of calming a stressed situation by taking time to be centered in your faith and get back on track.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Positive affirmations are so important. It can be hard to trust that our Heavenly Father has a plan for us, but I believe so also so it's important to try and remember that when we're struggling!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful! And yes, the negative thoughts will come, but when we replace them and help our brain learn those thoughts are welcome then they will go away.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Came here via your comment on my post on Spoon Serendipity- I'm exiting this page in tears. Peaceful, warm good tears. As I read, I felt less alone than I have in a long time. Thank you for sharing so transparently. If you don't mind, I'm going to edit my I did it anyway! post to add a link here. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really glad to hear that this has helped you!!! Thank you for the encouragement! Sure, you can do that. Thank you and keep listening to that song!! <3 <3

      Delete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature